Sliders 'n Socks

Back from the dead. Welcome home, my friend.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-29 15:06:06

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

Do You Remember Your Dreams

Speaking literally, not figuratively. Although if you want to talk figuratively I won't stop you.

Whether or not I remember dreams now is 1-to-1 with whether I get enough sleep, if I'm out for six hours I never remember any dreams. When I do get enough sleep, I still don't remember them for more than a minute or so after waking up, unless I write it down. I don't really get nightmares, so it's rare I have anything vivid enough to stand out.

I used to be really interested in dreams as a kid, I kinda fell away from it though in high school/college (probably 'cause I was constantly getting <6 hours of sleep).

What are y'all's dream thoughts?

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh!!"
-Magus

#2 2019-08-29 15:40:41

Zeloz (Mark II)
Retired Ume Detective
Website

Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams

After first reading about LSD (the PS1 game, not the drug) I kept a dream diary for a little bit, around like 2012 or so. Trying to divine some sort of deeper meaning from what I knew even back then are glorified brain farts was an interesting exercise; it was the first time I can remember really acknowledging my parents' not-so-great aspects, and the resentment stemming from that.

One question that's always kinda sent me for a loop was whether or not one dreams in color. Like, my sister's fiancee has said he definitely dreams in "black and white," but while I don't usually remember my dreams as being in grayscale, I can't really answer definitively what color anything in my dreams are. It's so weird.

#3 2019-08-29 18:20:31

natedashnite
Some Jerkface
Website

I haven't had a dream since high school. Doctor says it's just my brain, bah...have you ever lucid dream though? I used to do that all the time, I think.

Switch: SW-6268-69150691
PSN: natedashnite

#4 2019-08-29 19:42:43

Sayara
SAYARA VS SAYARA
Website

The only time i rememebered my dreams was when they really messed with my head. I then i have to flush it out or else it'd fester inside.

As we melt together, we’re sure to see eternity

#5 2019-08-29 21:39:16

DancesWithAwoos
☆*:. o(≧▽≦)o .:*☆

When I *do* have dreams, which isn't terribly often, I tend to remember them.

I remember I had in middle school. I decided to play hooky from school and go to San Francisco one day... but my middle school principal was trying to hunt me down and take me to school. I ran up and down streets, and I lose her for a bit in Chinatown. I get a reprieve, scarf down some food, and head out. That's when I see her barreling down the street at me. So I go back to running from her.
I find a castle and decide to hide in it. I get through the door and bar the door behind me. Then I hear pounding, and the door's flexing; she's breaking down the castle door. There's nowhere left to run; I'm cornered. I grab a mace off the wall and prepare to defend myself... and then I woke up.

Because I am just too fabulous

#6 2019-08-29 23:19:03

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

"Getting chased" dreams tend to be really memorable for me, I have had a lot like that that're tense even if they don't feel like full-on nightmares.

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh!!"
-Magus

#7 2019-08-30 00:01:04

After5
Stupid Sideways Z Thing
Website

If I were to make a rough estimate, I would say I remember my dreams 30 days per year over the past 5-7 years.

Most dreams (25+ of the 30) I remember are nightmares or things tied to regret, so I'm actually very happy when I don't remember my dreams.

The inventor and #1 advocate of Spine Cleavage™

#8 2019-08-30 08:06:50

Zeloz (Mark II)
Retired Ume Detective
Website

I tend to remember at least 1 dream a night, but more often than not I'll forget it within the next hour if I don't jot it down or if it leaves me in an emotional state (anxiety, elation, etc.). When I do remember the dream long-term, it usually falls into one of a few categories: embarrassing myself, arguing with parents, accidental mutilation of self or others, and talking casually to a cute girl/crush.

#9 2019-08-30 12:43:41

Iffy
Wind Walker
Website

Has anyone ever had a dream "series"? I had a multi-part dream that spanned several nights as a kid, it was wild. Haven't done that since.

I tend to remember specific bits from dreams, but I generally discard those within an hour or so.

#10 2019-08-30 14:24:51

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

I had a lot of RPG themed dreams as a kid, and I do specifically remember a series of Chrono Trigger dreams xD They were presented from the same angle as the game, so they were like really weird ROM hacks.

I had a dream last night that a bunch of people were calling for Rhete to be executed, and I wanted to stand up for him but wasn't brave enough to sad

-Magus

#11 2019-08-30 17:44:15

Polly
Moon Pie Advocate
Website

I tend to remember all my dreams, and fairly vividly at that.  A lot of dreams can be a bit too intense though and on more than a few occasions, they've left me pretty emotionally fucked up for a few days because the impressions were that strong.  It's good and bad, I suppose, but I've never really thought it's something I'd like to be able to stop doing.  Even when the bad stuff rolls around, there's things I can at least pick out of them that might make fodder for some creative endeavor in the future, so I tend to write those things down.

You got a 25% at best at beat me.

#12 2019-09-10 00:44:38

Pat Fork
local eccentric

Last week I dreamed my parents held an intervention because I was ugly. "It's hurting you, it's hurting the people around you. Let's get you some help." It was a very acrimonious conversation, but I certainly saw the humor after I woke up.

I don't remember what I dreamed the night after what, but I woke up with my arm in my mouth.

#13 2019-09-10 11:58:13

Iffy
Wind Walker
Website

I just got done having a huge leak in the water main to my house where the pipe broke off the foundation due to the house settling. Had water seeping into the basement, water soaking the surface, all kinds of nasty stuff. Got it fixed, replaced that section of the water main, got a new shutoff valve and had some waterproofing done on the foundation. Yay!

Then I had a dream that water was leaking around the new pipe ><

#14 2019-09-11 00:28:49

Rhete
Administrator

I've been remembering my dreams pretty often lately, but they're all basically "lol random" adventures not worth remembering after a few minutes

I did have a dream I was hanging out in a pool with Polly last night though!  (That's it, nothing lewd!)

#15 2019-09-11 01:26:34

Wetstew

I remember a lot of my dreams, especially if they are good.

My family has this weird thing where the women, and me apparently, will have weird deja vu dreams.

I don't believe in paranormal stuff, but I would remember strings of a dream that would lead to a bad outcome, then later on see the same beats and do something different to avoid it.  These dreams would have a weird 'texture' to them that stick to my mind when I wake up.

The most recent one I remember was about five years ago. It was a dream of having a towering arguement with my S/O at the time.  The arguement was kicked off by me making a very specific joke related to a show we were watching and saying the wrong thing to her response.

Later on the same set up in my dream happened.  I had my moment of deja vu, I said the same joke, she said the same rebuttal, and I changed the subject to avoid the arguement.

I assume it's just our nervous natures bleeding into our dreams, coming up with the worse possible scenario, but it's spooky when it happens.

#16 2019-09-21 18:49:40

Iffy
Wind Walker
Website

So...I keep having this recurring dream where it's the last day of an anime convention, and I remember to/finally get a chance to go to the vendor room only for it to be closing down, and there's barely anything left...and I get this absolutely deflated feeling. This has happened to me four or five times (most recently last night) and I cannot fucking figure out why it's happening. I guess it's some sort of FOMO? I always hit vendor/artist rooms the first day of a con without issue, so why is my brain tapping into this strange fear of missing out on dumb anime merch? Each dream is at a different con in a completely made-up room too.

#17 2019-09-21 22:57:03

Rhete
Administrator

I've had toooooooooons of dreams about being late to class, usually it being the first day of high school and not knowing where any of my classes are, despite this never happening in real life.  Our brains are just weird!

#18 2019-10-06 16:04:21

Beepner
Phil Collins Appreciator

I dreamt that Ford used Megalovania in a truck commercial.

Twitter: Beepner | Switch: SW-2320-6114-8445 | Pokémon GO: 5128 3209 0512

#19 2019-10-09 05:53:54

DancesWithAwoos
☆*:. o(≧▽≦)o .:*☆

What a horrid nightmare...

Because I am just too fabulous

Board footer