Sliders 'n Socks

Back from the dead. Welcome home, my friend.

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-11-13 13:45:39

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

Re: HEY YOU! PART TWO! WHATCHA PLAYIN'?

For the first time someone is playing ZeroRanger 'cause I recommended it ;_;

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh!!"
-Magus

#77 2019-11-13 14:01:24

Psychic_Heist

That comment belongs in the Crying mega-thread.

#78 2019-11-13 14:12:49

Psychic_Heist

Oh, and I forgot to add ... John, if you only knew the amount of things I’ve taken up solely based upon your recommendations.

#79 2019-11-13 14:32:47

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

I needed to hear that, thank you ;_;

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh!!"
-Magus

#80 2019-11-18 14:48:04

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

I beat all 25 main puzzles in TIS-100! cool It was my first Zachtronics game way back in the day, I'm really happy I went back to it and wrapped it up. I completely loved it and really wanna play more, I'm eyeballing either Shenzen I/O or Opus Magnum.

-Magus

#81 2019-11-22 13:01:09

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

Please send me your spirit energy, I'm gonna try to wrap up Suikoden 2 before the sockscast this weekend

I did the big three part Luca fight and really enjoyed myself playing the game for the first time in like ten play hours... then they immediately brought back the fuckin' vampire. I know I'm getting decently to the end, just gotta push through.

-Magus

#82 2019-11-22 14:43:58

Psychic_Heist

John wrote:

Please send me your spirit energy, I'm gonna try to wrap up Suikoden 2 before the sockscast this weekend

Sure! Anything I can do to help.

*Raises both hands to the sky*

*30 minutes pass, hands still raised to the sky*

So, uh, you feeling any spirit yet? My arms are starting to kill me.

Last edited by Psychic_Heist (2019-11-22 14:51:25)

#83 2019-11-22 16:24:58

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

Thank you I feel energized... now I have the capacity to get through the full third of the game that happens after they kill the one character bringing any energy to the story

-Magus

#84 2019-11-22 17:08:14

Psychic_Heist

*Lowers arms*

Whew, thank you.  The things I do to hear people’s opinions on video games.

#85 2019-11-26 10:25:15

Polly
Moon Pie Advocate
Website

Friday through Monday I was playing the Idea Factory/Compile Heart jam Death end re;Quest

Tuesday morning I am no longer playing the Idea Factory/Compile Heart jam Death end re;Quest

You got a 25% at best at beat me.

#86 2019-12-01 19:13:35

Ghosty
Spookmaker

Been playing Deponia (by Daedalic) and also a neat Visual Novel called Misadventures of Laura Silver Chapter I since yesterday. Deponia is a point-and-click adventure game, and it's plenty funny, but the puzzles can be frustrating. I keep getting stuck.

Misadventures of Laura Silver is so PRETTY!! Also the writing is great, I like the characters a whole bunch! You have to think hard on the multiple-choice questions (there's a lot of those) and preferably fast too, because some questions only give you so much time. I've gotten two bad endings so far, and I've only played for a few hours. I should probably say that it's a mystery/detective sort of story, set in the thirties in Che.. Czh... Chzec... I can't even spell it. ._.;
I like the jazzy tunes, too!

The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.
The hole is greater than it was a minute ago.
Wait, it's growing! Oh no! Run!!

#87 2019-12-02 13:15:00

Beepner
Phil Collins Appreciator

I played Super Mario World up until the point when I felt like stopping (which seems to be a recurring theme with me and Mario games), meaning I got to Bowser's castle and beat the game without making a beeline to the end from Star Road ASAP. I feel like people who want to get the most out of World will find all the hidden exits and do all the SPECIAL levels, but like with everything after the NSMB era* those things just feel like fan-made levels and I don't usually feel the need to complete them all.

Been playing some Splatoon 2 multiplayer, I'm still not good at it by any means, but I'm getting familiar with the game modes that aren't Turf War. Salmon Run (Splatoon 2's horde mode) can be really mean in that you can get bad luck with some of the spawns or the random weapon it gives you won't be suitable at all, and the tendency for other players to get DC'ed mid match doesn't help matters. xD

*aside from Super Princess Peach, which I close to 100%ed, but that game was developed by TOSE.

Twitter: Beepner | Switch: SW-2320-6114-8445 | Pokémon GO: 5128 3209 0512

#88 2019-12-05 10:42:42

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

From Mario World on I've felt the Special World levels are "the good part" of Mario games and I've resented how they've locked them away in post-game purgatory instead of putting them in the main quest.

I'm detoxing from Suikoden with Legend of Mana, it's so magical and nice ;_; Excited to see how it wraps up.

-Magus

#89 2019-12-08 17:25:45

Ghosty
Spookmaker

Been playing Perceptions of the Dead 2 - yet another visual novel! I'm playing allll the clicky games, lately!

It ties together the stories from the first game and I just like it a whole great bunch! It also has more content than I expected it to have! So I have to stop myself from steamrolling through the whole thing, I want it to last. Because it's ultimately still not that long, it's just longer than the first game. Or at least I think, I haven't finished everything yet. :S

How do I describe this duology? It's... Spooky, but not really scary and it has this dreamlike quality to it. It does feature plenty of suspense. Also, the characters are fun and lifelike! It starts out in the first game with several separate... What feels like ghost story tellings, only not quite? You can tell it doesn't quite fit the format of a ghost story, but it still very much gives of that sort of vibe, especially with how things start. But as you may have guessed by now, it revolves around ghosts and related supernatural stuff. But it's still more of a fun adventure with a dose of mystery, rather than a horror game.

I was feeling kind of bummy today, but playing it for a bit picked me up again.

Anyway, I love it! Ghosty-approved! big_smile

The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.
The hole is greater than it was a minute ago.
Wait, it's growing! Oh no! Run!!

#90 2019-12-08 22:55:00

Beepner
Phil Collins Appreciator

I went ahead and picked up the Octo Expansion, kind of as a last hurrah with Splatoon 2 given my general malaise with the multiplayer (it's still fun in short burst but I don't see myself progressing enough in the ranked battles to unlock league battles). OE is a strictly single player affair, with relatively short but challenging maps, and without the aggravating overworld parts that the vanilla single player had. Some of these levels are tough already, and I can forsee much nashing of teeth if I want to complete all of them. Pit deaths galore, especially with rail riding or having to traverse a series of unfurlers.

Twitter: Beepner | Switch: SW-2320-6114-8445 | Pokémon GO: 5128 3209 0512

Board footer