It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hot Sauce Committee Part Two
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:25 am 

To me this is the most important release of the year, it's been quite a while since their last "for reals album". Seven years to be exact, seven years since "To The Five Boroughs" which is a fine album on its own, but it doesn't hold a candle to classics like Check Your Head or Paul's Boutique. This however, does, it's heavily inspired by Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head (The influence is pretty clear during most of the album)

So with that out of the way I'd like to know what you all think about this :eggc: album :dance:

Post subject: Re: Hot Sauce Committee Part Two
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:37 pm 
SMPS.Net Webmistress
To The Five Boroughs was seven years ago....god damn. It really doesn't seem like that long ago.

Anyway, I think Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 is a pretty good album overall. The first 8 tracks are damn near flawless and are essentially the heart of the album. The last half really falls off for me though other than Lee Majors Come Again, Here's A Little Somethin' For Ya, and Crazy Ass Shit. Too many short songs that don't seem to go anywhere, and the lone instrumental is essentially a The Mix-Up throwaway. It really makes the back half feel thrown together. Still listenable, but that first half is so on fire that it just burns out by the time it's over.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:08 am 
The thing that confused me the most about the album (since I got the iTunes Deluxe Edition) is that The Larry Routine is a segment from B Boys in the Cut which makes me wonder why it was cut from the release in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:12 am 
Uznare wrote:
The thing that confused me the most about the album (since I got the iTunes Deluxe Edition) is that The Larry Routine is a segment from B Boys in the Cut which makes me wonder why it was cut from the release in the first place.

Ha, that's really true, dude! :cac: :cac: :cac: