It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 958 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Generic Fighting Game Thread II: Champion Edition
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:44 pm 

I rented Arcana Heart, played it for about 15 minutes, then sent it back to GameFly.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the game. It's functional. It works. But there's no reason to pick it up over other similar games unless you are a registered sex offender. (Or because Melty Blood never got a US Release)

Seriously, the game just takes every stereotypical fetish archetype and randomly mashes them together in ways that don't even really make sense. Here are a few examples:
    Absent-minded witch with glasses.
    Large-breasted android waitress.
    Dog-girl ninja wearing school gym outfit (shirt+bloomers)
    Loli with cat-hears in her hair, wearing a swimsuit. (Ironically, she's the big bruiser character, because she fights as a giant humanoid ball of water that she swims around in.)
    Demon girl (literally just Etna with bleached hair) on roller-blades.

Arcana Heart Opening

Again, the nicest thing I can say about the game is that it's playable. It is a fighting game. But there's so little about it that makes it unique from any other fighter, that I would only recommend it to someone if they've completely exhausted every other fighter on the market. And even then, let know one know that you're playing it, lest you be branded for life.

...Wait, what am I doing here?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:31 pm 
SMPS.Net Webmistress
Did someone lie and tell you I banned all the dirty, icky new people or something?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:02 pm 
true visionaries are alwasy silenced.
Spyda K wrote:

Making my day <3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:15 pm 
Spyda K wrote:
I rented Arcana Heart, played it for about 15 minutes, then sent it back to GameFly.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the game. It's functional. It works. But there's no reason to pick it up over other similar games unless you are a registered sex offender. (Or because Melty Blood never got a US Release)

Seriously, the game just takes every stereotypical fetish archetype and randomly mashes them together in ways that don't even really make sense. Here are a few examples:
    Absent-minded witch with glasses.
    Large-breasted android waitress.
    Dog-girl ninja wearing school gym outfit (shirt+bloomers)
    Loli with cat-hears in her hair, wearing a swimsuit. (Ironically, she's the big bruiser character, because she fights as a giant humanoid ball of water that she swims around in.)
    Demon girl (literally just Etna with bleached hair) on roller-blades.

Arcana Heart Opening

Again, the nicest thing I can say about the game is that it's playable. It is a fighting game. But there's so little about it that makes it unique from any other fighter, that I would only recommend it to someone if they've completely exhausted every other fighter on the market. And even then, let know one know that you're playing it, lest you be branded for life.

I'm mainly interested because of the character select screen, from what I've seen of Arcana Hearts 3 there's 20+ characters and 20+ Arcanas, which give you different abilities and supers. It looks interesting to say the least, and I like the very mobile feel of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:02 am 
:D
Character design is atrocious though jesus

Nomura could probably have done a better job holy shit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:01 am 

Are there any good resources online for KOF 2002?

Just got it, but it is my first KOF, so I have no idea what I am doing. Had fun fighting my friend who is also completely clueless.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14 pm 

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/22/blazblue-continuum-shift-2-shifts-to-psp/

Quote:
The new game will be based on BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2, the latest arcade release, which is itself based on the PS3/Xbox 360 game BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. What that means is that the PSP version will have all the new characters that were added in Continuum Shift, including the three DLC characters.

It's happening again. Goddammit, Arc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:24 am 
I AM A BIG TRUCK!
Can't wait for BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 VVL: Dynamite Afterparty. Now with balance tweaks* and one new character!

*reversed Bang and Rachel's tier positions again

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:57 am 
Wow.

How stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:06 am 
Did you not play mvc2?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:38 pm 
I hear they went the Hokuto no Ken path of fighting game balance: if everyone's equally busted, then the game will be balanced!

(everyone can pull this kind of crap)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:41 pm 
I'm A Little Girl! ;D

Why are the broken characters always Marvel ones.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:26 pm 
Pitchfork wrote:

What information you're not presenting here is:

1) You have to have 5 super meters for phoenix to turn into dark phoenix.
2) She has half the health of Akuma in this game.

Quote:

Hold the fucking phone, a character has a 100% kill combo on sentinel? NO WAY!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:09 am 
Zigkirby wrote:
What information you're not presenting here is:

1) You have to have 5 super meters for phoenix to turn into dark phoenix.
2) She has half the health of Akuma in this game.

Not just that but if you see someone that has her on their team and doesn't tag them in till they hit 4 super bars that's your fault snapbacks exist for a reason. She can literally be killed by a well timed air combo

also dante is the new jin from bb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:28 am 
I'm A Little Girl! ;D

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/562475

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/562471

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:32 am 
Dante's weird. He has so many possibilities, but everyone's settling for that one really simple, easy combo (launcher, aerial rave, qcf+L, launcher, aerial rave, qcf+H). The range on his normals makes it really easy to start up without having to use much else. I'm sure his game will evolve at some point, but right now he's too straightforward for a character with so many options.

Sentinel is a motherfucker and I want him to die.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:11 am 
Played a bunch tonight with a group of fags cool guys from the forum/guys I know in real life and I can say that capcom really missed the boat by not including either a observation mode in the lobby nor an ability to pair up when there's more than 4 in a lobby you just end up sitting there watching two cards slap fight it out.

Voodoo Groove wrote:
Sentinel is a motherfucker and I want him to die.

Yes. Very Yes.

also the dark phoenix thing is pretty gross and not that hard to pull off basically just get to 5 super bars and tag her in but I think it was Kaz or Spyda that proved if you hit her with two/three supers at the same time even if she's blocking she dead.

I enjoy it it just needs a lot of polish in the presentation department as far as online play goes (I can't join ranked matches at all) and god damn shit ass fuck titties shit on the floor is Galactius unfair

Also it breaks my heart Final Justice is a three bar super I cannot emphasize this enough

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:33 am 

My advice for ranked matches is to dick around in Arcade mode and turn on Fight Request. You won't get much done in Arcade, but it'll automatically throw you into ranked matches in the middle of your fights. That's pretty much the only way I was ever able to do it in SF4.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:14 am 
yeah I figured it out as far as ranked goes, I could write a book on people's psychology based on the people they use and 90% of the time I'd have how they play nailed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:38 am 
Does anyone else have a sinking feeling that the characters almost everyone is using now won't be going away for a long time?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:29 am 
I AM A BIG TRUCK!
Galactus really gets on my tits when his flunkies at the start of the match manage to kill two of my characters by juggling me like a pin and Galactus kills the last one by chip damage, but at least once you get used to him and learn his attacks he's pretty easy. Certainly beats having to fight Seth or that asshole from the end of the Subspace Emissary.

Only played two online matches with people I didn't know, but Wesker is a rapist. I'd like to find a nicer way of putting it but the guy can use his teleport moves repeatedly in midair, has a launching counterattack, decent supers and can whip out a fullscreen projectile faster than anyone else as long as he's on the ground. He is love.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 pm 
Got a chance to play this Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 business at a friend's place (because I'm too poor to afford my own damn video gaming console machines)!

I really, really, really don't like the controls, but whatever. It's already a better game than MvC 2, and that's all that counts. :servbot:

Seems like my team at the moment is Captain America, Haggar, and my new light and life, Dormammu. (Haggar and Cap will have to fight each other to the death for a place on the team once Shuma Gorath lands, though.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:05 pm 
The controls take a little getting used to. At first it felt uncomfortable, but that has passed. I could see how someone wouldn't be too hot on them though.

My team right now is Tron Bonne, X-23 and Felicia. Tron was my favorite in MvC2, and I'm loving the command grab they gave her in 3. Oh, and it looks like she has a meterless infinite on Sentinel. So yeah. I think X-23 and Felicia are annoying as characters, but X is rushdown bliss for me and Felicia has the most delightful pressure-intense super. A handful of others peaked my interest, like Spiderman, She-Hulk and Hsien-Ko, but I'm not super into them right now. If Jill really is the fastest character in the game, like Seth Killian said, she's probably got a place on my team too...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:29 pm 
I don't know my full team just yet, but I think X-23 will be on it, because DAMN she's fast. mabye Spidy, or IM, or Deadpool, I don't know. The only thing is right now I am playing on simple mode, so that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish when I stop being a little bitch and play normal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:32 am 
I'm that asshole who runs Dante, Deadpool and Amaterasu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 958 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next