Sliders 'n Socks

Back from the dead. Welcome home, my friend.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-10 09:30:22

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

1cc/Challenge Run Bragging Thread

Hey all! I wanted to start a thread where we can brag about 1cc's or other kinds of challenge runs we've completed and talk about the ones we're working on. I've been getting extra into 1cc's specifically lately, so I want a space to yap about it.

All were completed in one credit on Normal unless stated otherwise. I'm including console and PC games 'cause I've completed a grand total of 1 arcade game, and I've arranged 'em roughly in the order I got 'em.

~*~MY 1CC LIST~*~

Super Mario Land (1-life clear)
Touhou 8: Imperishable Night
Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith
Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom
Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character
eXceed 3rd: Jade Penetrate Black Package
Contra
Super C
Gradius (Arcade)
Touhou 16: Hidden Star in Four Seasons
Axelay
Journey to Silius (1-life clear)
Nemesis (1-life clear, Hard Mode)
Gradius: Interstellar Assault (1-life clear, Hard Mode)
Contra III: The Alien Wars
LUCAH: The Descent (No Mods/Aether/Heal/Ascended)
Life Force (Arcade) added 1-20-20
Scramble (2-loop clear) added 1-25-20
TwinBee (1-life clear) added 1-25-20
RingMan in the Castle (1-life clear) added 7-18-20
Touhou Luna Nights (Boss Rush Clear including Extra Boss) added 8-9-20
Castlevania (1-life clear) added 9-26-20
Castlevania: The Adventure (1-life clear) added 9-26-20
Castlevania: Bloodlines (Expert Mode) added 10-2-20
The Reggae Operation (1-life clear) added 10-20-20
Kamui added 12-24-20
Hellsinker added 1-5-21
Thunder Cross (Japan) added 1-9-21

I don't have any runs in the works right now. What challenges have y'all been running lately? (Feel free to expand the scope of the convo beyond just 1cc's, if you're doing speedruns or Nuzlockes or what not I wanna hear about that too!)

Last edited by John (2020-09-26 22:59:46)

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh!!"
-Magus

#2 2019-09-10 10:19:37

lieronet
Plays boring games

Re: 1cc/Challenge Run Bragging Thread

I beat Dark Souls once, does that count?

#3 2019-09-10 11:10:04

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

I mean it's the hardest game of all time so of course it counts!

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh!!"
-Magus

#4 2019-09-11 13:53:30

lieronet
Plays boring games

In seriousness, I've done a Metroid: Zero Mission hard low% run and an Order of Ecclesia NG Nightmare Lv. 1 run. If I ever tear myself away from weird science games, I'll likely attempt a Prey no-Neuromods run and a Bloodstained NG Nightmare Lv. 1 run.

I was pretty decent at Metroid: Zero Mission, and did speedruns of it for a while. I eventually got my any% time to below 40 mins, which felt pretty good. Thought about routing out and running Subnautica for a while, but I don't like the speedrun meta for the game. I'll stick to casual playthroughs for it.

#5 2019-09-11 14:20:08

Beepner
Phil Collins Appreciator

I think for the most part the games I can 1cc are those in which it is not hard to do so.

I 1cc'd the first loop of Batsugun in MAME one time. I think I must have gotten lucky with the ranking system or the upgrades.

#6 2019-09-14 08:43:56

Zeloz (Mark II)
Retired Ume Detective
Website

Just off the top of my head, my 1CC list consists of:

Gradius (NES)
Gradius (PCE)
Contra (NES)
Super C (NES)
Operation C (GB)
Contra: Hard Corps (I wanna say I've at least 1cc'd the missile route on JP, and the Big Magnum route on US) (GEN)
Nemesis - Hard Mode (GB)
Super Mario Bros. (NES)

I've also 1cc'd Embodiment of Scarlet Devil on Easy. Normal Sakuya is just too stronk for my baby reflexes.

Last edited by Zeloz (Mark II) (2019-09-14 08:47:15)

#7 2020-01-20 12:43:27

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

Added Life Force to my list cool

-Magus

#8 2020-09-26 23:02:23

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

Added some more challenge runs to my list from this year! Really happy to have polished off Castlevania and Castlevania Adventure, love those games to bits.

I also included Ring Man in the Castle, a fangame I played a bit ago and totally adored. Give it a look!

-Magus

#9 2020-12-24 09:26:55

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

Polished off a 1cc of Castlevania: Bloodlines on Expert and FINALLY 1cc'd Kamui. I've been playing the latter on and off for multiple years now, it feels really good to finally sit down and wrap it up in one credit. The Alltynex trilogy is one of my favorite runs of games ever, and I hope to someday engage with the other two as closely as I have Kamui.

I also one-life cleared The Reggae Operation, a dope-as-hell Mega Man fan-game with four punchy fortress stages and rad custom bosses. It's my favorite action game of the year, give it a play!

-Magus

Board footer