Sliders 'n Socks

Back from the dead. Welcome home, my friend.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-19 08:32:23

Ghosty
Spookmaker

Team Lampoil's new game programming book for the GameBoy

So I'm guessing few, if any, here have heard of Team Lampoil before, but they are a small Swedish developer that made a "homebrew" game for the GameBoy called Rope & Bombs not too long ago.

I found a message in my inbox today saying that they've put out their book on writing games for the GameBoy - Game Boy Assembly Programming for the Modern Game Developer. To my surprise, they've put up the .pdf version for free on their site, so I thought I'd link it here, as I have a feeling some of you may have an interest in reading it.

I tried to search around for a physical volume, but I can't seem to find one, so I wonder if that isn't out yet, or if they're not making one. If anyone finds it anywhere could you let me know here? Thanks.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
The hole is greater than it was a minute ago.
Wait, it's growing! Oh no! Run!!

#2 2020-01-19 10:30:49

Polly
Moon Pie Advocate
Website

Re: Team Lampoil's new game programming book for the GameBoy

Ohhhhh, neat. Definitely gonna be giving this a read. I find this kinda stuff endlessly fascinating. I'm sure John's gonna love it too.

You got a 25% at best at beat me.

#3 2020-01-20 10:13:08

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

Re: Team Lampoil's new game programming book for the GameBoy

Ooooo thank you so much for sharing this, I'll definitely give it a read! The existing resources were okay but not really modern, so I appreciate this.

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh!!"
-Magus

Board footer