Sliders 'n Socks

Back from the dead. Welcome home, my friend.

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-03-11 13:36:09

Rhete
Administrator

Re: SnS on 2010s: The Top Games of the Decade According To SnS

Ghosty wrote:

So am I right in thinking that if a game was released before 2010, but it had content added to it 2010 or later, it still wouldn't qualify for the list?

I would err on the side of not including it, unless it got a full rerelease

Edit: Whoaaaaaaa page 2!

#27 2020-03-16 02:50:00

Zeloz (Mark II)
Retired Ume Detective
Website

41 to 26!

41. Tomena Sanner (2010)
I remember this being one of the first really compelling single-player iPhone games I'd ever played. While it plays more like a rhythm game than the runner-esque vibe screenshots may give of it, there really isn't any rhyme or reason to any aspect of the game, musically or visually. Just hit the action button when you run into anything and maybe you won't lose time being harrassed by aliens, yakuza, and dinosaurs? Probably one of the goofiest Konami games to have come out in recent memory.

40. Polly Clicker (2015)
While it may have been intended as a jab at pointless "clicker" games like Cookie Clicker and AVGM (themselves parodies of manipulative, grindy game mechanics), the game itself is more of a streamlined RPG, turning the genre's grindy nature into a rush to click a bunch while also having to manage a handful of stats to get through hostile and increasingly obscure SMPS memes. The game really defies Genre itself to create a beautifully absurd ode to one of the Internet's most lovely corners, and the irreverent web mistress its members revolve around. Wopperbuffet indeed.

39. Day of the Tentacle Remastered (2016)
One of the few PS+ Free Gets I stuck with when I first got my PS4, and for what was originally a DOS adventure game from the early 90s, it was a spectacular romp for my sister and me to go through. The remastered, smoothed-out art fits quite well with the cartoony style of the original game, and the puzzles are pretty logical and easy to suss out compared to other adventure games of its vintage. The game's humor and design has aged pretty gracefully, and what the remaster adds doesn't detract from this at all.

38. Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire (2014)
This game is my new standard for 2D-to-3D remakes, a shining example of how to bring new definition to a game without compromising defining aspects. And I don't say this because of any love for the originals or the series itself; when I first heard about these remakes, I was pretty tired with Pokemon as a whole, and I thought having another generation of remakes - of games that I thought were worse than their immediate predecessors - would be a waste of resources on Game Freak's part. And yet, I found myself compelled to play it through all the way to the end, unhampered by extraneous features that cluttered X & Y and pulled forward by the ever-so-slight deviations the game took from the originals. The story, main and post-game, is just as cheesy and childish as ever, but it's all executed with an earnestness that I couldn't help but grin at all the way through.

37. Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt (2014)
An utterly delightful, ZX Spectrum-esque romp through a nonsense world of disease and sickness, all clocking in at a playtime of a little more than an hour.

36. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (2015)
The story is disappointing, but the streamlined combat mechanics and merciful Casual mode made for a surprisigly smooth Fire Emblem experience, even if 3/4ths of my party ended up underleveled for the last maps. And for as one-dimensional as the cast of Conquest get, they take on another definition when applying the Gay Fates hack and plotting silly love stories based on the roles and personalities of the persons involved; I can think of hardly any canon relationship so sweet as that of the one between the tank-like, gluttonous armor knight and her small, timid farmer-turned-archer girlfriend/wife.

35. Ys I & II Chronicles/Plus (2011)
Easily the definitive version of the first Ys games, even if they are rehashes of a rehash of a 1997 PC collection. Regardless, the games are easy enough to pick up and play on either modern PCs or the PSP, which cannot be said of most other action RPGs from '87, or '97 for that matter. The 2D artwork is fantastic, even though it's largely lifted from old Ys Eternal assets, and the selection of three very good renditions of both games' soundtracks (PC-88, 2001 Complete, and 2011 Chronicles) easily makes up for some of the more antiquated aspects of the games themselves.

34. Celeste (2018)
Story aside, Celeste is an smartly-designed difficult platformer with some pretty fun air-dashing mechanics, an endlessly listenable soundtrack, and a very cute, kinda smooshy take on pixelly artwork. But taking into account the lovable characters and relatable protagonist in mind, as well as a narrative and meta-language dedicated to overcoming the seemingly insurmountable adversity before you/Madeline, and you've got a game with a a greater sense of humanity than most others. It's a game that expects you to fail, a lot, but hardly ever does it feel mean-spirited or discouraging.

33. Downwell (2015)
A tense, novel arcade shooter that feels like a cross between Mr. Driller and Doom, blending the gradual downward-progression of the former with the "deadly-foes-at-every-corner-getting-in-line-for-a-faceful-of-buckshot" constant thrill of the latter. I can think of few other games that distill immediate, unpredictable Action so well.

32. Dys4ia (2012)
One of the first "artsy" games I felt some lingering connection with, long before seriously considering my own gender identity. In retrospect, the game's message is pretty blunt: the beginning of being trans sucks in a cisnormative world, yet playing it gave me the space to realize the humanity in transgender people and the frustration they constantly face. That made it easier to, in the years after, rid myself of my own negative biases about trans folks, other disenfranchised groups of people, and myself ultimately. Dys4ia didn't make me realize I was trans, but it did make the assurance that any struggle made towards living one's best self wasn't one made in vain.

31. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (2017)
I could nitpick about some of the slight artistic changes Vicarious Visions' remaster brought to these games, but that would be a waste of words considering just how well the games and game-feel has been translated through several generations of hardware. Even with the slight differences in physics, playing Crash Bandicoot here felt very much like playing Crash 1 on my PlayStation when I was 5, or playing Crash 1 on an emulator when I was 17, or playing Japanese Crash 1 on a PSP at 21. My deep-seated nostalgia for these games may very well be blinding me from the fact that these aren't much more than mediocre 3D Donkey Kong Country clones (as the GBA games would suggest), but I don't care. These games in their remastered form play just as well as I remember them playing, and that's well enough for me.

30. Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (2012)
I had played Perfect Cherry Blossom and Imperishable Night prior to this, but this cute hack of Pokemon FireRed was my official jumping point into the lore and characters and music of Touhou. I mean, it's kinda makes sense that having to collect, evolve, and raise the many denizens of Gensokyo as would make remembering who's Kisume and who's Hina and who's Patchouli Knowledge easier than encountering them once as 1-3 minute boss battles in a shmup. Unique to Aichiya Sanae's take on the "Touhoumon" series of Pokemon hacks is their usage of low-sample Touhou fan music in place of the usual Pokemon chip music, as well as a completely reinvented array of Types and evolution progressions, and an expanded world map roughly comparable (but not exactly as large as) Pokemon Gold and Silver. Sure, the balancing is kinda hit-or-miss, but this hack was genuinely the most fun I had ever had with Gen 3 Pokemon. Truly, I don't think I'd love Suwako or Alice as much as I do now had I not had them Surf and Psychic an overleveled Elite Four into submission.

29. Polly Dungeon (2018)
Taken to its logical extreme, dungeon-crawling roguelikes are more-or-less a series of coin-flips. This game takes that premise and then, in true Polly faschion, adds a very Polly sense of humor to it. The result is perhaps one of the most delightful amalgamation of puns and fart jokes I've ever come across, culminating in a stupidly awesome and sorta heartwarming climax.

28. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (2011)
I feel there's little need to go on about the greatness of SMPS's official 5th Generation, PS1/N64/Saturn/Dreamcast Game of All Time. It is a very good game, and the 3DS version uses the system's hardware very well to communicate this. It's certainly a better-looking, smoother-running port of Ocarina of Time than the GameCube versions at the very least, and having the Master Quest be mirrored made for a nifty remix of a remix.

27. Pokémon Sword/Shield (2019)
Without a doubt, surprisingly, my favorite Switch game to date. While the narrative never made as much of an impact as I felt it could've, the new Pokemon and some of the new cast are immediately endearing, and the Dynamax/Gigantamax battles make for the closest the series has ever gotten to true, climactic boss battles one would expect at the end of other JRPGs. Plus, the cooking and camping and online systems are such a joy to interact with.

26. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (2013)
When I first looked up footage for the first Hyperdimension Neptunia, I thought it was the most amateurish, most hilariously sleazy thing ever. I thought the remake would be much of the same, even as Rhete first mentioned it favorably on the Sockscast so long ago. When I bought it on sale and loaded it up on my Vita, though, the ways this game improved on the jank original were noticable immediately. The writing was actually pretty funny! The game itself, though unbalanced and a little clunky, played better than the sluggish PS3 original by many orders of magnitude. Neptunia turned out to be a really lovable protagonist, and the supporting cast likewise was fun to listen to! The entire SMPS community being stricken with Nep-fever at the time may have contributed to my own obsession with the game as I was playing it, but there's no denying the game still remains as one of the most delightful games I've played to Platinum on the Vita.

#28 2020-03-21 15:31:17

Pauncho Smith
Immortalized Rolling Thunder Team Member

I have 100 games, but expect a lot of one-sentence blurbs out of me (cos I can't find it in me to make most of these any longer).

Part 1 of 4:

100. HuniePop: Actually a pretty competent puzzle game.........Don't look at me like that.

99. Afterward: That's my apartment, FYI.

98. Polly Dungeon: There's a final boss fight in SPACE, what more do you really need?

97. Her Lullaby: I'll never get used to pronouncing it as "Taco". Sorry, just can't do it.

96. Doki Doki Literature Club: Somehow we got to the point where Monika t-shirts are being sold at malls.

95. Electronic Super Joy: Like Super Meat Boy, but with people sounding like they're about bust a nut used as sound effects.

94. Helen’s Mysterious Castle: A heart-warming tale of a girl who won't let her relative illiteracy hold her back.

93. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: You'll never forget the first time you used the right analog stick to walk.

92. Jamestown: Anachronistic colonialism on Mars is as reasonable a setting for a shmup as any, I guess.

91. Analogue: A Hate Story: If it wasn't for Polly, I'd still be fucking around with the console command inputs at the very beginning.

90. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon: It's like Castlevania III, but you can probably beat it without breaking your controller in the process.

89. GRIS: Out of all the artsy, moody platformers I've ever played, this is one of them.

88. Hate Plus: I remember streaming this game, and then I dropped a c-bomb in reference to  *Mute and my feminist friend got mad at me. Good times.

87. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions: Thankfully, you don't need to remember anything from your high school Geometry class to enjoy this one.

86. Bot Vice: Complete with arcade-style shooting action and deliciously-corny 90's era Saturday Morning cartoon voice acting.

85. Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION: Goddamn those are some big lasers.

84. Double Dragon Neon: No jank-ass jumping mechanics and that glorious end theme make this the best Double Dragon by default.

83. Bleed 2: Another silly game where things go "BOOM!" and "FWOOSH!"

82. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux: I set the difficulty to "Casual" to beat the final bosses and I don't feel bad about it at all.

81. Mark of the Ninja: 2D stealth done properly.

80. Bleed: A silly game where things go "BOOM!" and "FWOOSH!"

79. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: For everyone who yearned for another Symphony of the Night, well you got exactly what you wanted.

78. Rogue Legacy: Would've liked it a little more if they cut down on some of the pointless, goofy shit with your progeny.

77. Sonic Mania: DID SOMEBODY SAY "LOOP DE LOOPS"?

76. Mega Man 10: I almost forgot this came out during the last decade.

75. Iconoclasts: Almost Treasure. Almost Metroidvania. It works.

#29 2020-03-21 18:57:12

Pauncho Smith

List Continued (Part 2 of 4):

74. Donkey Kong Country Returns: My brother would be very upset if I didn't have this on here. Only problem was he made me play it with him.

73. New Super Mario Bros. U: Boy this sure was a modern 2D Mario game.

72. Kirby Star Allies: Maybe the 2D Kirby formula is starting to wear a little thin, but still mostly fun.

71. Dead Cells: The rouge-lite approach is played out now, but damn this just feels good to play.

70. Ys: The Oath In Felghana:  The one Falcom game on my list. People like those, right?

69. Virtue’s Last Reward: Probably my least favorite in the Zero Escape series, but the rabbit was pretty funny.

68. Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love: This game made me wonder if any of the devs who worked on it had even been to New York City.

67. Bastion: I like to imagine it's Tom Waits doing all the narration.

66. Blazing Chrome: Thank you JoyMasher, for doing what Konami won't anymore.

65. Child of Light: Gorgeous, charming, and with all the iambic pentameter you can handle. 

64. Super Time Force Ultra: I quite enjoyed this game's take on time manipulation.

63. Pyre: More sportsball games need giant sheep people on their team rosters.

62. Dark Souls 2: I beat this game by summoning other players and letting them kill the bosses for me. No apologies.

61. Katawa Shoujo: A lovingly-crafted, lemon-scented visual novel, containing a level of feels that is seldom eclipsed.

60. Volgarr the Viking: I'll never have the patience to master the alternate routes, but pretty solid overall.

59. Ducktales Remastered: They got a little carried away with the collecting and the cut scenes BUT HOLY HELL THAT NEW MOON THEME IS GODLY.

58. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number: Not sure bigger, sprawling levels was the way to go, but at least they gave you a chainsaw.

57. Cosmic Star Heroine: Short game that barrels right through its story, but it scratched more than a few old school RPG itches for me.

56. Mighty Switch Force! 2: Patty Wagon has it right; the only way to save children is to punt them.

55. Assault Android Cactus: Honestly, I thought they all looked better with the normal-proportioned heads.

54. Steins; Gate 0: Probably one of the more gripping depictions of psychological trauma that I've experienced.

53. Hotline Miami: This game has been described as a "top-down fuck-em-up". No truer words have been spoken.

52. Shantae & the Pirate’s Curse: This is the one Shantae game that I can unequivocally and wholly recommend.

51. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Remake): Being able to leave markers on your map really paid off in Turtle Rock.

Last edited by Pauncho Smith (2020-03-21 19:06:11)

#30 2020-03-22 02:54:34

Pauncho Smith

Part 3 of 4:

50. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth: What better way for the 3DS to go out than with the biggest Persona fanservice crossover to date. Persona 3 Portable's female protagonist is finally canon (somewhat).

49. Hollow Knight: You know a game isn't playing nice when it throws both Deepnest AND a Meat Boy Cotton Alley-esque area at you. Has some killer boss fights though.

48. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir: Five different characters with wildly different play-styles prevents the action from feeling too redundant. And as is Vanillaware's calling card, that food looks amazing.

47. Super Mario Odyssey: I typically prefer the more level-focused Mario games over the games with the big, sprawling worlds, but this one still has its charms. Felt more like an extravagant celebration of the series to this point more than anything else.

46. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight: Short and sweet, Reverie nails its ambiance and controls like a dream. It delivers on what the previous Momodora games hinted at.

45. Wandersong: If only it were that easy to remedy all of the World's ills with the power of song. Nevertheless, we can still enjoy the imaginative mix of art, gameplay and touching character moments.

44. Oniken: The game that proved that Danilo & Co. were a force to be reckoned with. At times, Oniken even outdoes the NES classics that inspired it.  Does throwing bombs at a polar bear from the back of a snow bike do anything for you?

43. Gotta Protectors: An incredibly goofy, retro-inspired take on.....well, think of it as a mix between Gauntlet and a RTS with an emphasis on protecting a screaming princess. Easily one of the best hidden gems on the 3DS.

42. Downwell: Jump down the well and fall. Seems simple enough, but the action intensifies to an absurd degree in no time flat. Perhaps the one game that's come closest to that arcade feel I've played in years.

41. Kirby: Triple Deluxe: Good Kirby game. Doesn't do a great deal to set itself about from the others in the series, but it's still probably worth your cash and your time.

40. Mario Kart 7: This was the game that came pre-loaded onto my 2DS (the first one I bought anyway), and it wasn't too shabby. Bonus points for not including any of those redundant baby characters (although I'm not sure who was chomping at the bit to play as a Wriggler).

39. Resident Evil 2 (Remake): A really solid re-imagining of the 1998 Playstation classic. Was a little bummed out that many of the differences between Leon and Claire's routes from the original were virtually nonexistent (often attributed to the game having a rushed development).

38. Zero Time Dilemma: More rooms that make you feel super smart once you've escaped them, and more mind-bending lectures on morality and metaphysics than you can shake a blood-stained kitchen knife at. Also, you'll never look at snails the same way again.

37. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner – Soul Hackers: How improbable was this port? A meaty Sega Saturn RPG from 1997 that didn't see a Western localization and release until 2012. Quite a while to wait, but the cyberpunk flair is strong here, and Nemissa's the best goth GF a hacker could ask for.

36. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition: I quite appreciated how well the game balanced its puzzle elements with the twitch platforming required to finish many of these stages under par; doubly so with the remixed stages you accessed after your first run.

35. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable: I only played this as the female protagonist, but that's actually for the best as there are no transphobic jokes in her route, and Aigis is totally infatuated with her. I think she has the superior battle music too.

34. Stella Glow: Imageepoch's final game before bankruptcy, Stella Glow has you fighting alongside a roster of singing witches, whose powers can be augmented by spending your free time with them. Well, you do have to "tune" them........Trust me, it's not as lewd as it sounds......for the most part.

33. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies: The long-awaited return of Wright & Co. It was heartening to see Phoenix grow into the role of mentor, leading his team of young attorneys. Has a pretty good DLC case as well, with more familiar faces popping up again.

32. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (The Nonary Games Version): For my money, this is the strongest, most focused of the Zero Escape series, and it also works perfectly fine as a standalone game. And unlike After5, looking underneath the pillows was the FIRST thing I did.

31. Cuphead: On visuals and presentation alone, Cuphead has already secured its place in history. It's reputation as a "rage" game does appear to precede it somewhat (just saunter over to YouTube is you're curious). It's worth the trip, even if it's still rough around the edges.

30. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice: In my eyes, this game has a more complete story than Dual Destinies. With the game taking place in a country that executes losing defensive attorneys, the stakes have never been higher, but it's nothing some good old fashioned legal acumen can't handle.

29. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: I had largely written off console Zelda games after Wind Waker, but this one somehow hooked me back in. It helps that there really isn't a "wrong" way to play it, and you can settle on a method of doing things that best suits you.

28. Shin Megami Tensei IV: It's dark, it's dreary, it's full of demons. It builds on what Nocturne started, only this time, the combat is a lot faster, and damage output can reach ridiculous levels. Good luck with completing those missions though; this is not a game that holds your hand.

27. Bayonetta: Come for the unbridled sexual energy, stay for the absolutely insane set pieces and boss fights (and the adorable costumes you can wear, assuming you're playing the game on a Nintendo console). Nobody fucks with this witch.

26. Kirby: Planet Robobot: I can't quite fathom why it took Nintendo so long to put Kirby in a mech suit and have run roughshod over any baddie that steps in your way. There's probably some subtle theme at work with the main villains being part of a corporation that turns everything into machines, but maybe I'm thinking too much about it.

#31 2020-03-22 03:35:37

LastZimOnEarth

Finally for around to getting #10-1 written down.

10. Her Lullaby

An excellent VN that manages to be nail-bitingly intense and suspenseful with stakes that constantly feel like they heighten to the very end.

9. Afterward

While Her Lullaby already felt like a satisfyingly told story on its own merits, the brilliantly conceived sequel Afterward does a fantastic job of showing how both Tocco and Sal were affected by their traumatic experiences in the previous game.

8. Tales from the Borderlands

While I wouldn't consider myself a Borderlands fan by any means, Telltale's take on the series really surprised me with an incredibly likable cast of characters, some genuinely chuckle-worthy moments, and some shockingly well-executed pathos. It does a great job telling a story in an established universe that stands on its own incredibly well. P.S. Loader Bot is best character.

7. Mouth Sweet

A phenomenally tense RPG Maker game managed to get under my skin in its relatively short length with its treatise on capitalist institutions.

6. Xenoblade Chronicles

When Xenoblade Chronicles was first unveiled in 2009 as Monado: The Beginning of the World, there was no telling just how well-received the game would end up being. It was probably the first game I ever preordered with my own money and in my humble opinion, this is one of those cases where the hype was well deserved. While the combat was pretty solid, what really won me over was the crazy, ridiculous story and the sheer concept of two worlds that took the form of two giants, not to mention the excellent soundtrack.

5. DON'T GIVE UP: A Cynical Tale

This is honestly the hardest game on my list for me to write about, both because it's clearly a very personal game for its creator and because of how much it ended up resonating with me. It may have been sold as a light-hearted, charming semi-biographical RPG about the creator's struggles with mental health but the story it told managed to really hit close to home for me, personally.

4. The Last Guardian

The game itself had some polarizing reactions upon its release but I personally thought it was absolutely worth the almost-decade long wait. It did a really great job of making Trico feel like an actual living creature, to the point where he reminded me of my dog. I'm not going to say it surpasses Shadow of the Colossus but at the very least, it ends up being pretty close. Definitely a proud accomplishment from Team Ico and Fumito Ueda.

3. Yakuza 0

It wasn't the first Yakuza game I had played, as I had played both 3 and 4 beforehand, but it was the one that really made me a fan of the series. The intertwining stories of Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima made for some exceptionally compelling melodrama, with the latter becoming one of my favorite characters in video game history thanks to this game. Not to mention the mostly excellent substories that range from heartwarming to enjoyably goofy. It was also a lot of fun to play around with both Kiryu and Majima's fighting styles during combat.

2. Ghost Trick

Just a phenomenally charming and likable game from beginning to end, with a great cast of characters brought to life by the incredible character movements and a story filled with all kinds of crazy twists and turns that manages to pull itself together incredibly well. The puzzles were also challenging yet never felt insurmountable, which is how I like it.

1. Even the Ocean

Even the Ocean takes place in a fictional world yet the way it deals with the effects of climate change and how marginalized people unintentionally end up being pawns in corrupt power structures is sadly very relevant in our present as our own world is currently being ravaged by said human-made pollution caused by said power structures. And yet while Even the Ocean deals with the tragedy of its own events, it still manages to instill a sense of hope that no matter how bad out circumstances are, that doesn't mean we can't try to live out the best possible lives we can in this dying world.

#32 2020-03-22 23:57:55

Pauncho Smith

The Final Lap - 4 of 4:

25. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse: Often derided as the "Persona" game of the mainline SMT series, it backed away from some of the headier themes of previous games, but furious gameplay and morose atmosphere is still very much present, along with a number of additional side characters who more than make themselves useful in battle.

24. Steins;Gate: Boy does this one ever take a turn. Starting out as a type of "Weird Science for Otaku", the story kicks into high gear and you're left to make a number of incredibly gut-wrenching decisions in order to avoid a tragic future. This one is mandatory for fans of visual novels.

23. Bayonetta 2: Doing what a good sequel ought to, Bayonetta 2 ups the ante, giving you even more foes to fight (angelic and demonic alike) and more means of dishing out the punishment across a variety of elaborate battles and set pieces. Plus, the short hair is simply a better look for her, don't you agree?

22. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: The first Danganronpa lays the foundation for everything to come in future installments: the neon-tinged retro game aesthetic, the-over-the top characters, and of course those maniacal class trials. Not everything lands here (the mid-trial mini games are mostly shit), but it's still very much an explosive opening act.

21. AI: The Somnium Files: Science Fiction and Police Procedural; two flavors that always seem to work well together. The game features Uchikoshi's strongest cast of characters to date, including horny detectives, Internet idols, fanboy Yakuza, and many more. It's worth pointing out that "Invincible Rainbow Arrow" was the only song worth listening to in 2019.

20. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan: This isa meaty and substantial game if there ever was. You'll spend countless hours meticulously constructing your team of travelers and filling out every square inch of those dungeon maps. It's hardly leisure, cos brutal FOEs that can eliminate you in an instant will always keep the tension high.

19. VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action: Mixing drinks has never been this fun. Jill's story gyrates between the zany moments that result from serving the many patrons that belly up to the bar, to the emotionally devastating hits when her past comes back to haunt her. Also, Dorothy is best girl.

18. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: A return trip to the Hyrule of A Link to the Past might seem like a easy retread, but this game blazes its own path with new mechanics,  new dungeons, and an open-ended approach to progressing in the game. I must admit that I groaned audibly the first name the name "Lorule" flashed across my screen.

17. Super Mario 3D Land: Simply put, it's the best possible compromise between the play styles of 2D and 3D Mario. There's no shortage of ideas and assets that have appeared in previous games, but their implementation keeps the game feeling fresh. And it was great to see the Tanooki suit again for the first time since SMB3 (even if you couldn't fly or turn into a statue).

16. Kirby’s Return to Dreamland: This was the Kirby game I had been yearning for since Kirby Super Star on the SNES. Tons of abilities (including some screen-clearing "SUPER" versions of some classic powers), snappy controls, and numerous secrets to find, it's undoubtedly one of Kirby's finest adventures.

15. 7th Dragon III: Code VFD: While I still think the name could've used a little work, this is still a very fun, very deep RPG with loads of party customization and a near-endless barrage of dragons to fight. Not to mention the light dating sim elements and the honest to goodness cat cafe the game gives you. What's not to love about that?

14. Super Mario 3D World: Think of everything Super Mario 3D Land had to offer, but pushed to its absolute breaking point AND with multiplayer added on top of all that. Attempting to play this with my brother and his friends was nothing but absolute mayhem. It's a wonder how I didn't end up strangling anyone in the process.

13. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle: Not losing even an ounce of the vulgarity, twisted humor and ultra-violence of the original, Desperate Struggle is everything that a sequel needs to be. The boss fights seal the deal here, from Margaret Moonlight's catchy-as-hell battle theme, to the tear I shed after my encounter with Captain Vladimir.

12. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked: A juiced-up version of the DS original, Devil Survivor Overclocked pulls no punches, and will make you strain and struggle to eke out a victory by the skin of your teeth. If you can endure every nasty trick the game pulls, you'll be rewarded with a gripping story, multiple routes and ending, and of course, sweet and crunchy strategic demon-based combat.

11. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair: Sometimes, you just need to get the hell out of the classroom. The tropical setting provides some relief, but it's not long before the murder resumes and it's back to business as usual. I still wait for the day the Danganronpa Spoilercast happens, cos the riffing on Teruteru will be nothing short of epic.

10. Dark Souls: The word I most associate with this game? Accomplishment. That'll be the prevailing feeling you'll get for each and every little bit of progress you made in Dark Souls. It's beyond satisfying, provided you have the patience to learn the best way forward through every trap, every enemy wave and every boss fight. 

9. Octopath Traveler: It's your classic JRPG, not as they were, but as you used to imagine them. Some take issue that the stories of your 8 character seldom intersect, but the battle system is one of the most engaging I've ever played, not to mention the phenomenal soundtrack and immaculate presentation. Having characters carry little lanterns while exploring caverns and dungeons was a nice touch too.

8. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor: It really stings that this was the last major Treasure release the West ended up getting (ports of Ikaruga to modern consoles notwithstanding). Thankfully, Star Successor was at the very least a great way to bow out. It outclasses the original Sin & Punishment in every conceivable, and its controller setup made it perfect to play on the Wii. 

7. Crypt of the Necrodancer: How do you freshen up the well-worn rougelike formula? Turn it into a rhythm game and slap on a killer soundtrack and a variety of different modes to play through and characters to use. Necrodancer left such a major mark, it's seen crossovers with both Danganronpa AND Zelda (in the form of Cadence of Hyrule). Not bad for an indie developer.

6. 1001 Spikes: Part platformer, part retro-style throwback, 100% unfiltered and unadulterated PAIN. The game hits harder than Aban Hawkins's daddy issues with traps (mostly of the spiky variety) hiding in nearly every block of the forbidden temple you find yourself in. And once you're done with the jungle? Antarctica awaits. It's the most evil ice level in history. Only masochists need apply.

5. Freedom Planet: What started out as a Sonic fan project turned out to be so much more. Freedom Planet felt like a long-lost Sega CD/Saturn platformer that in many ways exceeded any number of the blue hedgehog's own games. Saturated with both action and style, it's an absolute blast to play. I'd glad this is going to be more than a one-off, because that FP2 demo has the makings of something amazing.

4. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: And then it all came to an end. Fans will be debating for years if the twists and turns present in Danganronpa's (apparent) swan song were a shocking, yet brilliant way to wrap up the series, or the most ostentatious way of telling an audience to royally fuck off. At least we'll always have those trials, and if you still miss all your favorite guys and gals,  V3 has a substantial amount of post-game content to ease your despair.

3. Super Mario Galaxy 2: I remember playing the first real stage of the original Super Mario Galaxy, and my exact words used to describe what I was seeing was "like an acid trip on Christmas Day". As for Galaxy 2, expanded in some areas, streamlined in some others. Regardless, it's still a monster of a game. There's a new idea, new concept, new mechanic to work with in every level. Don't know what else I can say; it's simply amazing.

2. Persona 5: The Persona series at its zenith. As I mentioned in my 2017 Game of the Year list, it's the perfect marriage of both style and substance. Everything from the soundtrack to the artwork used for simple stuff like screen transitions for menus just blows me away. The dungeons are more elaborate than they've ever been and the combat is polished to a reflective sheen. The main cast is the strongest yet, and the villains can be truly loathsome. Incredible.

1. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove: By itself, the original Shovel Knight (Shovel of Hope as it's now known as), would've easily made my top 10 under different circumstances. But having to take into account every additional campaign and extra, there's no way couldn't top my list. There's just so much stellar Shovel Knight content that's been released since 2014. The Plague Knight and Specter Knight campaigns are worthy games in their own right, and I guess people who like card games have the King Knight quest (one which I have yet to complete as of this posting) to satiate them. Far more than simple homages to the 8-bit era, these are games that will stand the test of time.

Last edited by Pauncho Smith (2020-03-27 17:19:53)

#33 2020-03-27 01:30:24

Rhete
Administrator

Pauncho Smith wrote:

8. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

GOD DAMMIT I THOUGHT THIS WAS 2009, but you are right it came out in the west in 2010

Shit.  May honestly edit my 100-90 and bump something xD

#34 2020-03-27 10:30:21

Polly
Moon Pie Advocate
Website

Rhete wrote:
Pauncho Smith wrote:

GOD DAMMIT I THOUGHT THIS WAS 2009, but you are right it came out in the west in 2010

Oh shit, RIP Mega Man 11 on my list lol.

You got a 25% at best at beat me.

#35 2020-03-27 16:44:05

Pauncho Smith

Polly wrote:
Rhete wrote:
Pauncho Smith wrote:

Oh shit, RIP Mega Man 11 on my list lol.

If it's any consolation to either of you, I completely blanked on Dust: An Elysian Tail.

#36 2020-03-29 14:42:54

natedashnite
Some Jerkface
Website

1 School Girl Zombie Hunters

So, when I was going through my separation, it was a really dark time. I felt ugly, I felt unwanted in my own home, and I felt like a failure, a feeling I've had many times before. I would spend days just sitting on the couch debating how many pills of lithium and quetiapine I could take to overdose and end it all. My credit score was tanking because my name was on a car loan my ex wouldn't pay on time, all of my friends were leaving, and I was horrible at trying to sustain any kind of online friendship. Everyone I went on dates with knew my ex and after they realized that, that relationship opportunity would end. At one point I got kicked out of an online group that played DBD and Friday the 13th because I got into an argument over why Solo failed, which was stupid, but the guy basically said it was him or me and they chose him.

I felt like I had nothing and devolved into a thought process that was familiar, one where since I felt like life wasn't getting better so why not just end it. Who would care, right? I mean, my brother's in jail for murder and I can't even find someone to go out drinking with, and I didn't want to go out alone.

I decided I was going to take my sleeping pills and drown myself in the bath, which was not something I had tried before. On my way to the bathroom, I passed by my PS4 game collection, most of the games on there I had never played and just bought on a whim when a title caught my eye. "What the fuck is School Girl Zombie Hunters?" I decided to try it, it's not technically a good game, it's not technically an amazingly bad game like Sonic 06 or Ride to Hell: Retribution, but it is a game that has made me laugh, made me giggle, and never fails to put me in a happy and optimistic mood.

You throw your damn dirty underwear at zombies to distract them while you shoot rockets at them. This is my game of the decade because it's done what almost no video game has ever done for me: It's made me feel alive and like I want to keep on going.

2 NieR: Automata

NieR: Automata is a game by an evil genius who got paired up with a studio known for frantic and tight action and pulling it off. It's a game about what it means to play video games, what it means to live, and how to find optimism when life seems pointless. It is a "nier-perfect" game (hold for laughter) that embraces its strengths and, at times, looks better than most games on the next gen platforms will look.

3 FE

FE or Fe or fe...one of those, is an exploration adventure that starts off with your character, Fe or FE or-whatever, as he finds himself alone with all his friends gone. He must go and find them and save them from mysterious, alien creatures while befriending new ones. It's gorgeous to look at with its style and lighting system, it's fun to explore in the world, and is a game you can get lost in.

4 Lethal League Blaze

Lethal League was good, Blaze knocks it out of the park, though. In the days where Smash feels like it's getting slower and kinda more casual in design, LLB comes in with a simple to learn, hard to master system of "wall ball" but you die. Colorful characters who play different, multiple options for different ways to play (including no health bar mode like the original) all mean it's a fast and fun party game.

5 Friday the 13th: The Movie: The Game

Yeah, it's glitchy, yeah it's hardly getting any support and there's no future updates of content, but I have never had a better time when it comes to an online-multiplayer game than with Friday the 13th. In fact, I don't think I would ever even have tried other multi-player games without it. It has the scares, it has the balance, and, for a while, it had a bunch of geeks joining together to make dumb jokes and pretend Jason was a pretty princess who just wanted to give you hugs (of death).

6 The Kore Gang

I was one hour into The Kore Gang, it was getting repetitive and boring, and then, out of nowhere, this musical number for the boss came up and I immediately knew this was a game by a studio I needed to look into. It's fun, funny, it's more of a throwback to the old Rare days than YL. I really wish there were easier ways to play it than just on Wii.

7 Earth Defense Force 4.1

You will never feel like a majestic swan like when you sing "Ave Maria" while you launch a giant ant into the air and the game stutters to try and hold its frame rate. EDF is a game where you are God, and God has a rocket launcher and a tank that drops from the air-strike that, God summons a giant mech to fight giant ants and spider and crap. The amount of just pure joy and fun this game can instill if you love cult and grindhouse films is second to none, and I really hope they keep on making this series until I'm dead.

8 Culdcept Revolt

So this game is Monopoly mixed with Magic the Gathering. I can't pitch it any better, I love this game, probably the last 3DS game I'll ever own, and it's an explosion of fun.

9 Dead By Daylight

Dead by Daylight has a lot of content and a lot of fan service for the horror community, which is good, because at its core, it's just generator repair simulator. The fun comes from being with a group of friends and repairing generators, and the wacky slapstick-ish shenanigans that occur trying to get friends off hooks and into your heart. Not as scary as Friday the 13th, but it's much more frantic for a similar scenario.

10 Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale

This is one of the best and most joyous "nostalgic" games I've ever played, and I mean nostalgic in a way that it's clearly inspired by the creator's youth, playing with monster cards and his love of Godzilla-like monsters. It's sweet, it's fun, and I have all the best cards, so I'll beat everyone! MUAHAHAHA!

11 Polly Dungeon

Polly Dungeon, like Polly, is a mad-dash of charismatic charm wrapped up in a slick package and something I want more of. Thank goodness there's two podcasts now.

12 Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

This was my favorite Final Fantasy game, but we never got the Zodiac system over in the west, UNTIL NOW! It's way superior and I still love seeing what a Numbered Final Fantasy from the Vagrant Story team looks like, and it's soooo good, like, the tech aspects and how it ran on the PS2 was just amazing. UGH! Why didn't we get this until now? Bastards.

13 Deadly Premonition

Sole Explanation

14 Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

Castle of Illusion was a game I loved as a child and hearing Sega was going to reimagine it was exciting. What came out was a game that was full of love for the original by the people who loved it. It's probably the best remake/reimagining ever, and I really wish more people had played it so we could've got a Quackshot remake.

15 Disney Ducktails Remastered

This was the other nostalgic remake, although I never played the original. I really do appreciate how much was put into it, from the original voice cast to the easter eggs, it's not perfect, but there's love in there.

16 Lollipop Chainsaw

I think the best part in the game was the "Lawn Mower" part where you mow over zombies with the combine while "You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record) by Dead of Alive plays. It's a game that my humor is just right there with. It's over the top and I loved every second of it.

17 Resident Evil 7

After a few...meh games, we finally got a good evolution of the series, and it ended up being the perfect thing to REinvigorate the series. You could say it's REvolutionary in it's design and was the first time the series actually made me scared to continue.

18 Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

The 3DS really needed more RTS games featured demonic Pokemons trying to kill Satan. That's all I'm saying.

19 Pokemon Go!

I'm just gonna leave this here, it's the most social I've been in my life and slowly getting to that place where it's like "maybe people do kinda like me" while throwing balls at things.

20 Rez Infinite

Rez is probably my favorite rhythm game of all time, and it's HD remake-ish and the inclusion of a new world with VR support is perfect. Possibly the best use of VR I've experienced for an amazing game.

21 Resident Evil 2 (REmake)

So, never played RE2 growing up, and I gotta say, I don’t think I need to play the original. This one is amazing, scary, intense, and just a little silly right where it needs to be. It’s great that they’re revisiting the series, but I also want to see what they do with the continuation, after all we had like 69 ports of 4, do we really need a 4make?

22 P.T.

It would be really cool if this magically or accidentally went back up in the store for Halloween…Please? My PS4 crashed, I lost it…

23 Astral Chain

Who knew a Switch game could kick this much ass. Even though there is a teensy bit of lag, I don’t think that there’s a game that runs this smooth with this much action piled onto a console like the Switch.

24 Pony Island

If you haven’t played this game, go in blind. I don’t wanna say anything else about it. It’s a great experience.

25 Her Lullaby

I think this is one of the only times I’ve really gotten into a game like this before, and the less I say the more justice I hope it does to those who try it for the first time.

26 Stick it to the Man

Oh boy, so this is an adventure/puzzle game about a guy who has a giant purple sticky hand growing out of his head. It’s like a Lucas Arts adventure game but made by different people. This is what games by Double Fine should’ve been like.

27 Remothered: Tormented Fathers

Hey, here’s a game that has made me scared as crap playing it. It’s really intense, and I kept getting told it’s easier than I’m making it, but I just want to stay in for 5 more minutes and then I’ll go-aaaand, I’m dead. God, this game is such scary fun.

28 Zombie Vikings

Zombie Vikings is Castle Crashers done right. It’s a comedy beat-em-up with comical weapons, a joke of a story (Loki steals Zeus’ eye, so he resurrects zombies to go get it back) and while it’s definitely flawed and you can break the game, it’s got a fun, fast pace, and you can unlock an early tech demo of FE!

29 Pix the Cat

You know, Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Blah Blah Blah really is not as good as I remember, but I don’t think it should’ve tanked the company that made it. Luckily, out of their ashes we got this game and it’s a quick puzzle game and I love it.

30 Puyo Puyo Tetris

Speaking of puzzle games I love, this game combines the fun of Puyo Puyo with the blocks of Tetris. It’s way more fun than I could make it sound.

31 West of Loathing

This game is just me in a game. Like, it’s my humor, my love of stick figures, I should probably just sue them, but it’s such a good avant-garde RPG…

32 Pushmo World

Pushmo might be dead but this is a great game nonetheless. For some reason this type of puzzle hasn’t really been used all that often, and I think it should. Pollymo would be a great continuation.

33 Rodea the Sky Soldier

Ok, so this is for the Wii version, but the Wii version is bundled with the Wii U version but not all Wii U versions so watch out for that, because the Wii U version is a port of the 3DS version because even though the Wii version was finished it got scrapped because the 3DS version took so long.

Got it? Cool. Happy hunting.

34 Monster Prom

You know, I always wanted a multi-player dating game, and sometimes the world listens to me.

35 Outer Worlds

Like Fallout 4 but with personality. I seriously always wondered why none of your companions were cynical assholes in Fallout 4, because everyone just seemed middle-of-the-road, well I got my wish and it’s a great game as well! I hope we get another one.

36 The Evil Within 2

Yeah, I really like some of the aesthetics and creativity even if it’s not that scary.

37 Dead Cells

The Frezno of Video Games: Perfect and keeps me going back for more.

38 Pokemon Sword/Shield

I already talked about the existential dread of this game and how it’s the perfect allegory for growing up, so there you have it. Go discover nihilism in a Pokemon game.

39 Infamous: Second Son

I’m really glad someone made a spiritual successor to Spider-Man 2 for PS2, because we’d never get a proper Spider-Man game otherwise.

40 Rhythm Heaven Megamix

Chaotic fun.

41 Little Inferno

This was a week of my life, nice little combo puzzle with a grim atmosphere and a catchy theme song.

42 Steamworld Quest

Like Baten Kaitos but fun.

43 Devil May Cry 5

You know, DMC Devil May Cry had it’s moment, specifically the moment where Dante was naked in the trailer. I feel like that scene was made into a longer game and this is that game.

44 Jackbox Party 3

PARTAY!

45 Splatoon 2

Is Squidicide a word? Well, anyway, never has gang turf wars been so colorful and creative, leave it to Nintendo to take the idea of graffiti to the new level by having pre-teens destroy stages for no discernible reason and make it fast-paced fun. Still wish it had a better single player.

46 RPG Maker MV

We’ll see how Frezno’s Christmas Adventure comes out.

47 Golf Story

I didn’t think I would like this game so much, but it surprised me and it’s really, really a good argument for golf being actually decent.

48 Rhythm Thief & The Emperor’s Treasure

Here’s one no one remembers! A tight and fun action rhythm game that flopped and is now fading into obscurity.

49 Knights of Pen and Paper

It’s nice to have a fully customizable party in a more traditional RPG, like the old Final Fantasy games for the gameboy or the Four Warriors of Light, but with a bit of humor behind it.

50 Chroma Squad

A love letter to Super Sentai and a pretty good RTS that excels at what it set out to do. With there was a bit more opportunity to grind though.

51 Super Smash Bros Ultimate

The game that brought back the Ice Climbers.

52 Party Hard

Sometimes you want to just party, but sometimes you want to…PARTY HARD! This game is a stealth puzzle game where you play as a murderer who just wants some peace and quiet, so you take it upon yourself to murder everyone at the loud party. It can be fun, it can be insane, it can be anything you want it to be.

53  Rayman Legends

It’s nice to have a un unique 2D platformer once in a while that isn’t a Mario.

54 Until Dawn

An interesting way to tell a story, but not much variety in the endings.

55 You Don’t Know Jack

The only flaw of this game is that there’s not a newer version out there with more sarcastic jabs.

56 Guilty Party

Someone said “What if Disney made a version of Clue?” and, you know what? It works way too well. Kinda sad this game never caught on.

57 Shin Megami Tensei IV

A really ambitious game for the 3DS with some of the best graphics on the system. The biggest drawback was the “morality” system but SMTIV delivered on a story big enough for an at-home console, but on a handheld.

58 Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

The same as it’s older brother, SMTIV, but with a different style, and slightly different execution.

59 Digimon Cybersleuth Story

Finally, after years of being scared by the end of Digimon Tamers, you can finally bring back Gilmon and go kick more butt. It’s like someone read my fan fiction…

60 Katamari Reroll

Meditative, relaxing, and a really great game to play on rainy days of introspection.

61 Wonderful 101

A good spiritual sequel to Viewtiful Joe while being its own thing. It’s colorful, it’s crazy, and now it’s getting released onto more consoles than just the Wii U.

62 Mortal Combat Reboot

I’m going to be honest, most of the guy in this are hot. This is basically just eye candy for me. Also I kicked ass during Game Night in college.

63 Sonic Mania

You know, for a brief moment in time, we got a really good Sonic game and things looked up, and then, fairly quickly, Sega screwed it up and now we’re back to hoping they do something decent again.

64 Sonic Generations

You know, for a brief moment in time, we got a really good Sonic game and things looked up, and then, fairly quickly, Sega screwed it up and now we’re back to hoping they do something decent again.

65 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

I really miss this series.

66 Fortune Street

You know how everyone hates Monopoly? Well, what about Monopoly with Mario and Final Fantasy characters? See, instant classic.

67 Uncanny Valley

An interesting pixelated mystery game, I need to go play through it a second time.

68 Pid

Didn’t Rhete play this back in the day? Oh well, Pid is a game that is hard, that you will be frustrated with, but you will feel so satisfied when you beat that thing that you want to continue, and that’s a good feeling.

69 Bayonetta 2

Nice.

70 Kero Blaster

A tighter Cave Story.

71 Monster Hunter: World

Ok, so what if we mixed Shadow of the Colossus with Barney the Dinosaur? Boom.

72 My Name is Mayo

This is either the dumbest or most introspective game of the decade, I have no idea which one.

73 Nintendo Land

I’m kinda sad we didn’t get a sequel on the Switch, but a fun showcase of what the Wii U could’ve done.

74 Vanquish

It’s another Platinum game, so take a shot.

75 Yakuza Zero

I think Yakuza is the best Shenmu can get, and come out in a shorter amount of time.

76 Anarcute

A cute game about anarchy and overthrowing corrupt governments, which would be anger-inducing and intense, if THEY WEREN’T SO CURE, AWW, WHO IS A CURE ANARCHIST?! YOU ARE!

77 Star Ocean for PS4

This was put here as a partial joke.

78 Pikmin 3

Throwing small children at giant plant monsters has never been so fun.

79 Heart&Slash

I loved this game more than I thought I would, but it’s kinda far down the list because it’s a bit…unfinished, or at least feels that way.

80 ZombiU

The greatest horror game for the Wii U, made perfectly for the system and utilizing it’s hard drive and dual-screen system. Not as good on the PS4, but still a good time.

81 Night in the Woods

Uhhhhhh, this game spoke to me a lot about mental health and bipolar disorder, and then everything got fucked up with the information of what happened behind the scenes, but I think it’s more on this list for the people it connected with, like me, and the graphic design and look of it.

82 Saturday Morning RPG

It’s a fun indie RPG with some interesting ideas, unfortunately it ended on a cliffhanger and the studio no longer makes games, so fuck me.

83 Tetris 99

I’m actually kinda impressed that they made Tetris innovative again.

84 NES Remix

Proving remixed nostalgia sells and can be fun.

85 Flipping Death

While it’s not as tight as Stick it to the Man, it’s by the same company and has a similar feel. Wish it was easier to hone in on the idea they present, but still a great follow-up.

86 VVVVVVV

Man, remember this game? It’s short, indie, drives you crazy at some parts, it’s just a good little thing you can go back and enjoy on multiple platforms.

87 Binding of Isaac

Yeah. It’s a fun game, but a little bit short on content.

88 Deadpool: The Game

A budget title with lots of fart jokes…which I’m sad to say made me giggle. Truly the strength of this game was putting it’s developer out of business.

89 No More Heroes 2

It fixed a bunch of the problems of the original, was still fun and wacky, but it felt like ti was missing something the original had.

90 Runbow

The perfect party game that you remember and go “oh man, I should’ve suggested that” after the party is dead.

91 Borderlands 2

Finally, a first person shooter with some personality and a healthy dose of cynicism.

92 Travis Strikes Again

It’s more fun with multiple people and just shows off how big of a geek Suda51 is.

93 Game Dev Tycoon

A short and sweet game by a small publisher that you should revisit right now.

94 Project X Zone 2

You know, this was an interesting kinda RTS game, I’m sad we haven’t gotten a third one yet.

95 Queers in love at the End of the World

I needed a game that started with Q and this was the only one I had played.

96 The Cave

I wish this game had succeeded because what worked, especially the co-op aspect of an adventure game, was pretty fun. But, because it didn’t do well, we’re stuck with an interesting tech demo.

97 X-Men: Destiny

So, one of the few illegal games out there that you can own. I mean, what’s better than feeling edgy for owning a thing that’s illegal to sell?

98 Ride to Hell: Retribution

While there are certainly worse games that came out this decade, specifically Celeste, no game was more fun to break. This is the 2010’s Sonic 06, it brings me nothing but joy to break the game and watch the glitches fly.

99 Canyon Capers

Ok, so we’re kinda responsible for this, so we have to acknowledge it. They blatantly said we were responsible for LPing it on their website, so this is our game.

"(Dino Jnr. in Canyon Capers) had a groundswell of following on the emulation scene, as well as a number of gamer's rediscovering the game on YouTube, with play-through videos and some fantastic nostalgic feedback.

After seeing this love for the long lost game, the original Artcrew team now reformed as Crazy Moo Games have decided it is time to give the game a full makeover, paying full homage to the original, but now with seven new characters to unlock, loads more levels and worlds, new game modes and a plethora of new adversaries, pickups and secrets."

Maybe I should've put this higher, just because we technically made a game together.

100 Persona Q

While having a system that calls back to Strange Journey, it was interesting to see a seemingly dlc pack idea turned into a full game and was a crossover that was done differently than I think anyone expected.

Ciao,
-Nate

Last edited by natedashnite (2020-03-30 15:14:16)

Switch: SW-6268-69150691
PSN: natedashnite

#37 2020-03-29 18:27:33

Rhete
Administrator

Err, ranking your list is important for me to be able to score and tally up the final list

Edit: Thank you, beautiful list!

#38 2020-03-30 09:33:58

John
Lightning Edgeboy
Website

Thanks for ordering 'em Nate!

"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh!!"
-Magus

Board footer