Sliders 'n Socks

Back from the dead. Welcome home, my friend.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-24 01:03:24

Polly
Moon Pie Advocate
Website

Sockscast Game of the Year 2019

https://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/socksca … ?a=ep108-1

https://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/socksca … ?a=ep108-2

ep_goty2019.png
Download Episode 1

Download Episode 2

Well, here we are!  The end of another year and it's time for another listy-like celebration of our top 10 bangers of the year along with YOUR listener lists!  Let the festivities begin!

You got a 25% at best at beat me.

#2 2019-12-24 15:23:49

Ghosty
Spookmaker

Re: Sockscast Game of the Year 2019

Sadly, I couldn't get a list together this year. There just haven't been enough games that I've played enough to really say 'This is a good game and I like this' other than Nuclear Throne and Perceptions of the Dead 2. But I suppose I could add a short blurb about those two here.

Nuclear Throne would get the first place, because I've been playing this game a LOT since I got it and I still think it's fun! Well to be honest it was a little bit of a struggle getting into this game at first, as it ramps quite suddenly somewhere in the middle (Ice levels! Dx ), but it's gotten more fun as I've improved. I haven't played another Roguelite since FTL that I've clicked with, despite playing a few (Spelunky and Necrodancer, for instance) but this game's been good fun! Even if it's a bit unfair at times.

Perceptions of the Dead 2 is a visual novel, or the second half of a visual novel duology. It's just a nice set of spoopy stories that tie into one. There isn't all that much game to it, even if there are some alternate endings to it's sub-stories based on muliple-choice questions. I just rather like the mood and style and vibe of it. The voice-acting and likable characters helps too. Maybe it's not the most extraordinary VN, but it just jives real good with me.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
The hole is greater than it was a minute ago.
Wait, it's growing! Oh no! Run!!

#3 2020-01-29 12:28:00

Ghosty
Spookmaker

Re: Sockscast Game of the Year 2019

HOLD YOUR HORSES!! yikes

I played Wandersong in 2019!? 'Cause that would be my #1, no question. I swear it feels like so incredibly long since I played that, though. I could swear it's been two years... Man, it's been such a long year...

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
The hole is greater than it was a minute ago.
Wait, it's growing! Oh no! Run!!

Board footer